UK-based couple (no children, 1 dog and 1 cat) require experienced professional Head Housekeeper. You will be working directly for the Principals overseeing all housekeeping aspects of running and maintaining their main UK residence in Berkshire.
You will need to have relevant experience, initiative, be highly organised, efficient and confident in all aspects of managing the operations of a reasonably sized residence run to a very high (5 star hotel) standard.
You will be working as part of an internal team of 3 supported by a full time maintenance person and external gardeners and drivers.
You should speak good English and be comfortable dealing with both internal staff and external subcontractors.
You will be expected to carry out provisioning and other shopping tasks and errands for the principals and therefor will require a full UK driving licence. Cooking is not essential but if you are able to cook preparing meals for the principals would be a plus.
You will need to have an understanding of formal service, knowledge of the maintenance and care requirements of a home finished to a high standard, knowledge of luxury wardrobe maintenance and VIP guest reception and table service etc.
You will need to be cat and dog friendly as maintenance and care of the couples pets is an important function of the job. The owners travel frequently and when the owners are travelling you will have responsibility for overseeing care for the house pets.
A preparedness to travel with the couple on occasion would be a plus.
- Proven 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Excellent organisational and housekeeping skills.
- Precise with great attention to detail .
- Flexible in approach.
- Not a “clock watcher”.
- Proactive and able to take initiative.
- Able to work autonomously and motivate a team.
- Be physically Fit - both houses on the property are on several levels and require active personnel.
- Pet Knowledgeable & pet friendly with experience in pet care
- A good communicator.
- A non smoker
- Holding a full driving licence
- Computer literate and accomplished in Word and Excel.
- Familiar with ordering items on-line.
- Courteous and polite - understand professional but discreet service requirements and “front of house” image.
- Smartly dressed and neatly turned out at all times.
- Of a good-humoured and cheerful disposition.
- Overseeing the running of the house to a 5 star hotel standard.
- Organisation of staff rotas.
- Supervision of the housekeeping team in maintaining and caring for the property and furnishings and wardrobe items therein.
- Training of other staff to provide correct levels of service.
- Liaising with suppliers and contractors.
- Carrying out provisioning, general shopping and other errands (including online shopping).
- Preparing and serving snacks and drinks throughout the day when required.
- Overseeing and helping to care for the house pets (currently one dog and one cat) to include an element of house and pet sitting when the couple are away.
- Greeting and receiving guests.
- The overseeing of, and participation in, all security procedures for the property.
- To ensure that the property is stocked with all necessary items and provisioning to facilitate the smooth day-to-day running of the property as a high end family home.
5 days a week plus alternate Saturday mornings.
Statutory holiday of 20 days + Bank Holidays (days in lieu given for Bank Holidays worked)