Bilingual - French and English Language essential
- Proven track record in hospitality management
- Experience of managing high-end properties and all this entails would be advantageous
- Able to work at fast pace
- Flexible in approach and adaptable to change
- Highly organised with strong attention to detail;
- Ability to work independently, with minimal direction;
- Excellent leadership skills and experience of leading a team of people
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Strong problem-solving skills;
- Driven to achieve excellent results
- Computer literate
The General Manager is responsible for driving the performance of the hotel, villa and restaurant and uses their outstanding customer service and people skills to optimise profitability of the venture. They have a genuine interest and proven track record in hospitality and are as comfortable with business strategy as they are with day to day operations.
Their excellent leadership skills and effective management of people ensures their team are developed, motivated and passionate about delivering the outstanding service the guests would expect of the 4* operation.
The General Manager is responsible for the profit and loss and growing the business, both within the bounds of the existing operation as well as identifying opportunities to develop the business to pursue new areas of growth. This may include the opening of a wine bar and other new enhancements to the business.
Hotel & Property Management
- Overall responsibility for the smooth daily operation of the hotel, villa and staff accommodation, including ensuring the guest properties are operating to the required standards by adhering to daily room and pool checks and management opening schedules
- Responsibility for developing, promoting and maintaining hotel schedules and checks and strict adherence to company policies, procedures and protocols
- Responsibility for daily administration such as managing the post, bills and suppliers, laundry, stock orders, menus and wine list up to date
- Regular Inventory checks & reporting of the hotel to ensure damage and loss is minimised
- Responsibility to respond to any property maintenance issues or concerns and communicate through the company channels for repair or improvement
Staff ManagementLead and manage the operational team to meet expected standards in service & delivery and develop staff to maximise their potential
- Responsible for staff payroll and ensuring the team is paid correctly and on time
- Coordinate staff activities and rotas to meet daily objectives and ensure the team have the necessary training, guidance and support to carry out their roles to the required standards;
- Manage team communication in order to generate a positive and happy working team ethos and foster open communication to ensure responsibilities are understood, are carried out effectively and ensure standards continue to be met;
- Plan, schedule and review staff workload to ensure the hotel is running within budget, reporting out to Management on a regular basis.
- Responsibility for first line management of any staff performance concerns, disciplinary or grievance issues
- Responsibility for any staff recruitment and identifying and following up on staff training needs
- Responsible for organising annual team medicals in line with the French system
- Responsible for creating and managing team performance reviews
Customer Service Ensure the guest experience is of the highest order and in keeping with the company values and objectives; and that we achieve a high rate of customer returns and positive reviews
- Oversee special events/weddings/parties, and other ad hoc guest requests, ensuring the team are kept up to date in a timely manner regarding the planning and management of events;
- Guest liaison for issues and complaints, dealing with them professionally and in a timely manner, and continually looking for improvements in service delivery
- Being the face of the hotel and the go-to person to ensure guests enjoy their stay and experience
- Oversee weekly and monthly budgets to manage spend and waste in line with company forecasts, weekly reporting and regular improvement review
- Effective supplier management and ongoing negotiation with suppliers to achieve the best outcome for the business
- Manage stock control to ensure wastage is kept to a minimum and no unauthorised spend occurs; including front and back of house operations. Instigate review & investigation steps where necessary in order to minimise wastage
- Weekly managing of cash and cheque payments at hotel, restaurant and villa, checking payments are correct and recorded; till & cash float management, banking of cash and cheque takings, liaison with bank in person as issues occur
Safe Working Practices
- Detailed knowledge of French working regulations, specifically relating to the Convention Collective for Hotels, Restaurants and Cafés) to ensure the business remains compliant and staff protected as required by law
- Be knowledgeable of and actively oversee health & safety regulations and compliance processes to ensure the hotel works within the correct parameters, protecting guests, staff and owners at all times;
- Ensure hotel standards are maintained consistently by regularly being on site and walking the boards to ensure visual checks are carried out, reporting out to owners on a monthly basis via written or verbal reporting system;
- Responsibility for ensuring, adherence to company health & safety, and safe working practices as detailed in the operations manual or by separate policy.
Sales & Marketing
- Responsibility for maximising sales and revenue by encouraging the restaurant teams to upsell where possible, and to generate revenue through increased occupancy via new business and referrals
- Actively promote the hotel by following up effectively on leads, enquiry management and picking up on opportunities as they present themselves
- Involvement in any relevant local level marketing initiatives or opportunities.