LIVE IN Domestic Household Couple- should be rural minded as although near to towns it is on an Estate grounds
HOUSEKEEPER with potential for some care perhaps more in the future and Gardener, Driver, Handyman
As Housekeeper - cleaning, laundry, ironing, shopping, occasional cooking & general upkeep & tidiness of home
Must have a background as a Carer - assistance to partially disabled elderly lady on a flexible basis.
Principal days (currently) must include Friday through to Monday inclusive
Must be organised, energetic, patient & polite
- Driving - To and from London (currently) every Friday & Monday & when needed through the week
- Gardening / Handyman - Mowing & general garden & house care
- Salary £750 to 800 npw
- Permanent, Full Time, Long Term, up to 5 DAYS PER WEEK
- Location West Sussex, near Petworth.
- Rent free accommodation comprising 2 beds with small enclosed garden in rural setting on family estate.
- Car included - Clean driving licence/s required
- Pets allowed
- Non Smoker
- Must have relevant experience, training & references
- Privacy, SAFETY kindness & discretion vital.
- An experienced Domestic Couple is required to care for the property and the principal when she is in residence, caretaking in her absence and being a security presence- feeding the cat and setting alarms. Preparing for her arrival on weekends with clean house bed made any groceries needed and cleaning up afterwards.
happy to take on all tasks and show good initiative.
A split shift day at weekend so after morning graces taking a few hours down time if had lunch at home or being driven to the main house then standing by to fetch her later. Returning to make sure fire safe, cup of tea light supper and clear warm bedroom nightie laid out all she need then pop back to see she is safely upstairs for the night.(take a tray with any warm drink ahead?)
Tasks will include cleaning, laundry ironing, shopping for food and other household items, handyman duties, driving duties, packing and unpacking weekend bags
food prep or very light cooking for the owner (Very occasionally & guests, serving at table, perhaps porridge for breakfast a light soup or some thing simple that can be heated up ready for her arrival.
The owner a semi retired active lady is in part-time residence at weekends, and the couple will be responsible for the security of the property at all times and her care and security when in residence. At least one member of the couple must be an experienced driver with a full clean licence.
Cleaning of the interior of the homes and the immediate areas outside.
Kitchen maintenance – dishes, cupboards, pantry counters and floors
Laundry (clothing and household linens), ironing & general care
Bed making, routine bedding and linen changes
Grocery shopping and other household errands
Keeping the household supplies fully stocked
Plant care (household) & flower arranging
Packing & Unpacking
Secure/ supervise tradesmen/contractors if required
Organisation: e. g rotate seasonal clothing in closets, maintain pantry and routinely
clear out of date and spoiled items
Basic household bookkeeping
Liaison with family and estate
Organising transport from London on a Friday and return on a Monday and driving Principal as required. Such as up to the main house for lunch and fetching back.
Reception and care of guests
Requirements for the couple
Flexibility – absolutely essential
Cheerful and willing disposition with high energy levels
High levels of initiative
Excellent time-management self motivated
cooking cleaning skills and attention to detail
Pleasant personality, honest, flexible with a good attitude
Fluent spoken and written English,
Computer literate (must be able to communicate via email)
Good organiser (food shopping, general house organisation and cleaning rota)
Money handling and accounting experience
Current DBS check – or equivalent from their country or willing to initiate new one
Checkable references essential
Full clean driving licence at least one party
Must be able to live and work in the EU.