Salary: £23,000 with shared accommodation (ideally returning to their own home on days off for a long term situation) (private bedroom, rent free and bills included)
An enthusiastic, proactive and reliable Live-in Security Guard is required full-time to work alongside a second Live-in Security Guard, to provide security for a private estate and to keep the main areas neat, tidy and presentable at all times. The property consists of gardens, parkland, woodland and agricultural land and is located in Cheshire.
The Live-in Security Guard must have previous facilities/estate experience, be fluent in Nepalese, be able to work as part of a team and provide assistance when needed. You will also be caring for the Principals' two dogs, ensuring their good health and wellbeing.
The successful candidate will be living in a shared accommodation comprising of a single-occupancy private bedroom, shared bathroom and shared living area, and comes with rent free and all household bills included.
The hours of work average out at 51 hours a week, with an hour for lunch. Days off are to be taken mid-week.
Applications from ex-military personnel form the Royal Air Force, Royal Navy, Royal Marines and British Army (including Gurkha Regiment) will be relevant for this role and are strongly encouraged.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Security Duties :
* Provide estate security and monitor CCTV, including discouraging trespassing
* Provide a visual deterrent to potential intruders whilst dog walking
* Respond to fire and intruder alarms
* Attend the main gate to greet visitors and receive deliveries
* Contact the managers immediately of the arrival of guests so they may be greeted
* Lock and unlock the main house at specified times
* Inform the Estate Managers of any security or system issues
* Log all visitors, company names and vehicle registration numbers
* Log all activities, routine and non-routine and email to the Estate Manager
* Carry out the house person duties to a high standard and quietly (so not to disturb guests in residence)
* Carer of the Principals 2 dogs including feeding, walking, bathing, and vet visits
* Inform the Estate Office on completion of duties
* Ad-hoc duties as and when required by the Principal or Estate Managers
Example of Duties:
Indoor : Relay fireplaces, restock logs, check lighting and media, trip switches, polish brassware, assist with minor repairs, assist with lifting/moving, carrying luggage, and clean CCTV cameras.
Outdoor : Window cleaning, minor garden tidying, leaf collecting, hedge trimming, weeding, jet washing, car valeting, driving errands, boot care, and bin collection.
Salary: £23,000 with shared accommodation (a single-occupancy private bedroom, shared bathroom and shared living area, rent free with all bills included)
Benefits: 28 days holiday including Bank Holidays (due to the nature and demands of the Estate, holidays are to be taken between February and August)
Auto-enrolment Pension Scheme
Use of the staff vehicle