£450npw plus £50 food allowance 2 bed apartment A positive, can-do person who has excellent experience of domestic service in a wide range of settings. The person will need to be intelligent and practical. They will be happy to follow instructions but also be able to use initiative to see what needs to be done without trying to take over.
Excellent cook – simple family meals to a high standard Well spoken and presented Confident Driver Experienced in housekeeping DIY skills useful Pet friendly Experience of caring might be helpful.
- Preparing and serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. Clearing away, tidying and cleaning the kitchen and rooms where food is eaten. Light entertaining, occasional dinner parties. Preparing meals for weekend, occasional batch cooking for freezer.
- Discussing menus for approval for all 7 days, and daily requirements with employer
- Dealing with grocery and domestic shopping and keeping to a budget, maintaining accounts
- Placing orders for kitchen supplies, ensuring minimal food wastage and using where appropriate fresh vegetables from the kitchen garden, which will need to be picked
- Maintaining stock control
- Keeping kitchen pots, pans and work surfaces spotlessly clean and in good condition
- Ensuring refrigerator is clean and out-of-date items discarded weekly
Housekeeping / Cleaning – 4 hours of other cleaners are employed
- Tidying and cleaning bathrooms, bedrooms and living areas, dusting / hoovering, airing rooms
- Polishing brass, mirrors, glass, light fixtures, and chandeliers, cleaning silver
- Cleaning and laying fireplaces, restocking wood, emptying bins and taking out bins on bin day.
- Cleaning of all floors or hard cleaning of floors.
- Caring for high value glassware & fine china
- Polishing brass and silver, antiques, and fine furniture
- Cleaning windows inside and maintaining the good functioning of sash windows, outside window cleaners employed
- Collecting, washing and ironing laundry. Hand washing delicate items
- Taking & collecting items for dry-cleaning
- Keeping wardrobes and drawers tidy and organised and assisting with clothing / household clear outs.
- Cleaning and polishing shoes
- Answering door and telephone, correctly addressing visitors, quite formally –
- Feeding and exercising pets – 1 Norfolk Terrier.
- Watering household plants, preparing vases of fresh flowers from the garden
- Handling petty cash and debit cards
- Dealing with tradesmen, suppliers and contractors alongside principal
- Changing light bulbs, fuses, checking boiler pressure, bleeding radiators, and performing minor household repairs.
- Assist with heavy items of luggage or shopping
- Looking after house and pets while employers are away
GARDEN / OUTSIDE – 3 gardeners currently employed
- Assisting with some gardening, if required – irrigation system, watering plants, mowing, jet washing terrace area pathways, salting or sanding pathways as needed
- Assisting with running of swimming pool – checking chemical supplies, cleaning, removing & replace pool cover, winterising,
- Keeping pool area, clean and tidy and fridge stocked with drinks
- Cleaning and maintaining outdoor furniture.
DRIVING / CARS
Valeting / cleaning cars, driving to supper parties / London, shopping, running errands, airport runs.