A young couple are looking for a live-in Head House Keeper to support them running their country house outside of Hungerford. The property is mainly used as a weekend home, with regular hosting’s, but longer periods of occupancy throughout the year are also involved. Renovation works of the property will commence in early Spring 2019, so this role will move to a smaller property nearby. Flexibility and efficiency are key to this role, along with a great initiative and positive attitude.
They are looking for a knowledgeable and experienced individual that can ensure the smooth and efficient running of their house at all times, and that is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and do what it takes to get a task done. Must have previous experience and strong references.
HEAD HOUSEKEEPER ROLE:
- Revise and follow the cleaning schedule of the house according to the principles’ plans to be in residence, but also to be in keeping with the needs of the house.
- Take care of housekeeping duties needed on weekends, and share/oversee tasks with the current 2x part time cleaners (they only work week days for now).
- Oversee and manage the house, and report any maintenance issues to the family PA.
- Assist contractors and provide access to the main house and outbuildings when needed.
- Walk the principles dogs when they are in residence and looking after them full time when they are abroad.
- Responsible for maintaining the principles’ standards at all times.
- Butler duties/front of house on weekend hostings, and occasional table service when entertaining more formal weekends. (Additional staff will have to be organised).
Driving is essential for shopping and running errands. Collection of principals and guests to/from train station will be needed, and occasional trips to London too.