THIS HAS NOW BEEN OFFERED
An experienced Executive Assistant to act as Family Office £50-60k Administrator & Personal Assistant. Most work will be remote from the EA’s own home. Possible weekly visits to the Home Office in South Cambridge and occasional visits to advisors in Cambridge.
Apple Mac, iPhone and broadband connection provided.
The job comprises a small Family Office as well as providing PA support for a busy couple (with a dog) and their family (three adults, married, each with 3 children). T
The ideal person would be calm, friendly, adaptable, trustworthy, discrete and have a good sense of humour.
The job involves organising business and social engagements, travel, overseeing accounts and managing household issues. The successful candidate needs to be well organised, have an eye for detail, able to think ahead and plan, as well as be flexible and able to cope with changing diaries.
- Smooth administration of including HR, financial records, tax returns and a clear picture of investments, returns and exits Help the Principals monitor investments, manage staff and properties and plan and manage their non-work activities and commitments.
The EA will be someone who:
- Can help us be as productive as possible
- Can take on a wide range of delegated responsibilities
- Has strong interpersonal skills
- Can set priorities and can work under pressure
- Is discreet, maintains confidentiality and is trustworthy
- Is an excellent communicator at all levels – both verbally and in writing
- Ensures everyone understands what is going on and what is needed
- Is numerate, has some experience of bookkeeping, and will be at home with the Xero online accounting system and liaising with accountants for expenses and tax returns
- Is conscientious, patient, methodical, organized and keeps on top of things
- Is proactive and is able to anticipate issues and propose solutions
- Can provide effective and efficient operational management
- Is open, friendly and happy working with a wide variety of people
- Is at home with Office, Google Docs, DropBox, the web, email, social media and IT systems in general
- Has impeccable references
- Has a good sense of humour
The job requires flexibility in approach and a willingness to take on varied tasks.
- Deal with personal matters for the Principals and other family members as required
- Liaison with university departments
- salary payments, accounts and other financial tasks including reporting on investments:
- Ensure all financial tasks such as invoicing, payments and reporting are done in a timely manner and that expenses, investments and other records are accurate and kept up to date.
- Use the Xero accounting system to:
- Pay invoices (typically 3-4 per quarter)
- Prepare and submit invoices (typically 3-4 per quarter)
- Keep records and liaise with the SBC to ensure timely quarterly accounts and other reports
- Chase payment of invoices where appropriate
- Check and pay expense claims (once a month)
- Liaise with the SBC to ensure that accounts are submitted from Xero to the Company Auditor, so that he can prepare yearly Company accounts and corporation tax calculations
- Keep an eye on cash balances, looking ahead for income and expenditure, and ensuring there are always sufficient reserves
- Liaise with the SBC on the quarterly VAT return
- Ensure that the SBC has calculated monthly salary and pension contribution, distribute salary information and obtain authorization for the transfer of salaries electronically for both staff and staff employed by the Principals
Ensure information for tax returns is kept up to date, filed and collated, and is provided in a timely manner to the Principal’s accountants
- Record all share transactions and exits and file SEIS, EIS and Share Certificates and provide this information to the SBC
- Keep a record of all SEIS and EIS certificates and provide originals to the family’s accountants as part of the annual tax returns
- Maintain physical system (filing cabinets and files) and an electronic systems (Google Drive) for personal and company business
- Keep an electronic record of relevant emails and maintain electronic contacts list
- Maintain the list of directorships and conflicts of interest and keep CVs and Bios and other records (such as passports and driving licences) up to date
- Book travel, accommodation etc as required for Principals and family members
- Keep track of insurance, maintenance and MOTs for vehicles and other equipment
Liaison with contractors and staff as required